If you are an avid listener, forget about AM and FM because digital radio is the future. It is time to make the leap but before that, you need to learn things about digital radios. Digital radio is considered the most significant upgrade to happen since the introduction of FM in the world. Basically, it works by turning sound into digital signals for transmission.
Here are other things you need to know about it:
What are the advantages of digital radios or Best Radios?
The advantages of digital radios include the following:
• Selection of stations: the selling point of digital radios is its huge selection of stations.
Instead of just a handful of FM stations, digital radios open you up to a world full of choices.
• Automatic tuning: traditionally, you tweak the tuner to find a station. That is a real bummer not to include remembering frequency numbers. With digital radio, going through stations is as easy as changing your TV channel. The screen will not only tell you the station you are tuned to but also it will show what is currently playing.
• Extra features: extra features will vary from one manufacturer to another but you should expect from alarms to Bluetooth, dock, touchscreen, remote control, USB and recording function.
Do you need a new radio to listen to digital?
Digital TV can be seen on analog TV with the help of a set-top box. In the case of digital radios, you need a brand new one to be able to listen to digital transmissions. You must know that digital radio is different from normal AM/FM radio in the sense that it has a chip inside, which allows it to tune into DAB+ transmissions.
Where to listen to digital radio?
Before you rush buying a digital radio, you should remember that not all regions are serviced by digital radio signals. With this, the prudent thing to do is to check if your area has coverage. Otherwise, your digital radio will be a waste.
How to choose the right digital radio?
There are many digital radios available, which makes choosing a challenge. However, you can consider the following tips before you go purchasing one:
• Keep size in mind: when you decide, the first thing that you need to do is to determine the size that you need. It can be table radios or portable radios. For bedrooms or living rooms, you may need a table radio, which can be surprisingly large. With this, you need to think about the available space in mind.
• Check compatibility: the radio should have a dock for your phone or music player. This feature can be useful if it is compatible with the model that you have. The good news is that most table radios have an auxiliary audio input that can connect to your device through the headphone jack.
• Mind the clock: if you are planning to use your radio as an alarm clock, you need to ensure that you check out the clock features as well as the performance of the radio.
• Check the warranty: warranty will serve as your protection. It is crucial that you read the fine print so you will know the coverage of the warranty.